Dates: Built in 1890. Demolished in 1945.
Quote: During its 55 years of service parts of Morrison hall have at one time or another served as a Y.M.C.A., a study hall, a gymnasium, a skating rink, a lecture hall, a dormitory, class rooms, a biological laboratory, R.O.T.C. Armory and storerooms, and more recently has housed the student store. It has been variously known as: ‘Morrison Hall,’ the ‘old’ gym, the ‘Eagle’s Nest,’ ‘Jackson Hall’ and ‘The Stud.’ Its wall enclosed the first shower bath, with hot and cold water, to appear on ‘the hill.’ “Workers Ready to Tear Down Morrison Hall” Charlotte Observer. 5 August 1945.
Named for: Robert Hall Morrison (1798-1889), first president of Davidson College