Glasgow House

Dates: Built in 1948. Remodeled as faculty and staff offices in 1988.
Named Glasgow House in 1992 by Institutional Advancement staff.

Quote: Last summer a four apartment dwelling was erected on College
property at a cost of approximately $45,000. Three of the apartments are
occupied by professors and their families, and one of them by three
secretaries. Endowment money was used in paying for this building. It is
planned that a part of the rent will be treated as income on endowment
investment and the balance used on upkeep and depreciation.
Cunningham, John Rood. “Report of the President to the Trustees of
Davidson College.” 16 February 1949. RG 2/2 President. Annual Report.
Davidson College Archives.

Named for: Glasgow Street.

Prev Next